Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Break time--

Not much going on save X-Ray evidence of an 88 million year old supernova.

Ah, the memories. The Chiffon's One Fine Day was my bumper music when I was in radio many years ago.


And here is a fine recording of The Ronettes' Be My Baby...a product of Phil Spector's Wall of Sound.

The Ronettes

Be My baby

1963



The night we met
I knew I needed you so
And if I ever had the chance
I'd never let you go
So won't you say you love me
I'll make you so proud of me
We'll make 'em turn their heads
Every place we go
So won't you please

(chorus)
Be my, be my baby
Be my little baby
My one and only baby
Say you'll be my darling
Be my, be my baby
Be my baby now
My one and only baby

I'll make you happy, baby
just wait and see
For every kiss you give me
I'll give you three
Oh, since the day I saw you
I have been waiting for you
You know I will adore you
Till eternity so won't you please

And yes, I was a hippie too...I'm the one sitting...playing the sitar--hahahahaha!

The Rolling Stones

Paint It Black

1966



I see a red door and I want it painted black,
no colors anymore I want them to turn black.
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes,
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes.

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black,
with flowers and my love, both never to come back.
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away,
like a newborn baby it just happens every day.

I look inside my self and see my heart is black,
I see my red door and I want it painted black.
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts,
it's not easy facing up when your whole world is black.

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue,
I could not forsee this thing happening to you.
If I look hard enough into the setting sun,
my love will laugh with me before the morning comes.

I see a red door and I want it painted black,
no colours anymore I want them to turn black.
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes,
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes.



No comments: